WHO ARE WE?
The Uxío Novoneyra Foundation, a cultural entity of state interest established in 2011, pursues the following objectives:
- The conservation and dissemination of Uxío Novoneyra’s legacy as well as his work and the works in his private collection.
- The promotion of study and research activities in the field of literature, especially poetry; language, arts, especially painting and performing arts; and historical and political studies.
- The defense of the environment, especially that related to his work, in the territorial area of his activities.
- The dynamization and socio-cultural promotion of the poet’s area of reference.
- The promotion and dissemination of culture and socio-cultural reality of Galicia abroad and the collaboration with public-private entities with similar aims.
As a house of poetry, the Uxío Novoneyra Foundation supports unique projects such as the Ámeto Mítico travelling poetry residences on the Way of St. James. Among its activities is the Ith project, a virtual platform for collective financing of literary projects that aims to support a free and open community of readers. In addition, the foundation programs every August the Festival dos Eidos with a wide range of activities in poetry, music, film, dance, biological routes, among others.
The recovery and rehabilitation of the house where Uxío Novoneyra was born is a fundamental objective of this institution. We understand our foundational headquarters as a center of activation of the memory of the Serra do Courel through the poetic word. Its spaces in the process of recovery house a documentary archive, exhibition areas and a visitable vegetable garden.
The Uxío Novoneyra Foundation is part of the Association of Writers’ Houses-Museums and Foundations (ACAMFE).
+34 696 50 58 94
From friday to sunday: 17:30 – 19:00
From monday to thursday: closed
Parada 1, Folgoso do Courel
27324 Lugo, Galicia
Elba Rey Martínez
Uxío Novo Rey
Branca Novo Rey
Arturo Novo Rey
Xosé Manuel Beiras Torrado
José-Luis Cochón Touriño
Antón-Manuel Patiño Pérez
Federico García-Cabezón García
Anxo Pastor González
María Díaz Rei
Asociación Ecolóxico Cultural Sos Courel
Concello de Folgoso de Courel
Real Academia Galega
Asociación de Escritoras e Escritores en Lingua Galega
Universidade da Coruña
The Foundation wants to remember those other people who were part of this board, always thanking them for their support and work:
Manuel Neira e Pol (†)
Ana Gloria Rei Martínez (†)
Pilar García Porto
Xosé Lois García
Isidro Novo (†)
Pepe Leira (†)