The Uxío Novoneyra Foundation opens the II Call for Poetry Residences "Ámeto Mítico" on the Camino de Santiago
Looking for poets interested in walking the Camino de Santiago and writing about the Jacobean pilgrimage.
The Uxío Novoneyra Foundation opens the second call for itinerant poetry residencies on the Camino de Santiago, a project that is part of the “Your Xacobeo” program promoted by the Xunta de Galicia.
The residency project “Ámeto Mítico” of the Uxío Novoneyra Foundation aims to update the legacy of Galician-Portuguese troubadour poetry characterized by the influence of the Provençal lyric and other influences, such as Sufi poetry, which reached the lands of Galicia through the pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela.
Today we want to reactivate this heritage legacy and accompany poets interested in the experience of the pilgrimage with the aim of disseminating the Camino de Santiago as a mythical space on which to keep on writing poetry.
Following the routes of the book Arrodeos e Desvíos do Camiño de Santiago by the poet Uxío Novoneyra, well known for updating troubadour poetry, we propose five (5) residencies of writing and poetic pilgrimage along the Jacobean route in the Galician territory.
The itinerant residencies will take place between 12 and 25/04/2021 with the following schedule of activities:
- 12/04/2021: Arrival of the poets at the airport of Lavacolla/train station of Santiago de Compostela and transfer to the place do Cebreiro.
- 13/04/2021 – 19/04/2021: Pilgrimage along the French Way between O Cebreiro and Santiago de Compostela.
- 20/04/2021 – 25/04/2021: Poetry readings and workshops in 6 schools in municipalities along the French Way and in the Uxío Novoneyra Foundation.
- 26/04/2021: Return from Santiago de Compostela.
The Uxío Novoneyra Foundation will be in charge of the hospitality expenses: transportation, lodging and maintenance of the poets during the period of the residences.
The poets interested in participating should send:
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- E-mail address.
- Photocopy of identity card/passport.
- A minimum sample of their published poetry (100 verses) and letter of interest to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
A commission formed by 3 patrons and/or collaborators of the Uxío Novoneyra Foundation will decide in September the names of the chosen poets, information that we will publish in the social networks of the Foundation and we will communicate via email to the 5 poets chosen to be part of the II residences “Ámeto Mítico” in the Camino de Santiago.