Uxio Novoneyra Foundation opens the application to itinerary poetic residences in the Santiago´s Way, project included on “O teu Xacobeo” backed by Xunta de Galicia.
The goal of Uxio Novoneyra Foundation’s residence project “Ámeto Mítico” (Mitical Ambit) is to update the legacy of the Trovadoresca Galego-Portuguesa poetry known by the influence of Provenzal poetry and impact from Sufi verses that came to Galicia through the Way.
We would like to boost this legacy and partner with poets interested in the pilgrimage experience to spread the Camino de Santiago like a mythical field of research to keep writing verses about it.
Following the routes on Uxío Novoneyra’s book «Arrodeos de Desvíos do Camiño de Santiago, well-known for modernizing trobadour poetry, we offer five (5) writing and poetic pilgrimage residencies along the Xacobeo route in Galician territory.
The itinerary residences will be held between 7/10/2019 to 22/10/2019, scheduled as follows:
- 07/10/2019: Participants arrive to Santiago de Compostela airport or railway station, travel to O Cebreiro.
- 08/10 -1 6/10/2019: Pilgrimage along the French Way, from O Cebreiro to Santiago de Compostela.
- 17-23/10/2019: Lectures and workshops on libraries of four (4) municipalities along the Way.
- 24/10/2019: Return from Santiago de Compostela.
The FUN will cover all the costs of hospitality: travels, acommodation and meals during all residences.
Poets interested on participate must send until 23:59h of 26th August: curricula, identity card, 100 verses of their own poetry and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
A commission integrated for 3 protectors from FUN will decide the 5 poets selected to develop the residences.
This names will be public on September on this webpage and our digital identities.
Writers selected will be contacted by mail.
Fundación Uxío Novoneyra
- +34 671445247
- @AmetoMitico #OTeuXacobeo #Xacobeo2021